Taken by Dr Denis Ibel, BAR PUMP – also known as both Bodybar and Bodypump, is a great group exercise that will give you results in quick time!
What will BAR PUMP do for me?
- Burn up to 600 calories per class for fat loss.
- Improve your strength
- Shape and tone your muscles
- Improve your bone density (helps ward off osteoporosis)
- Give you a sense of achievement
This 60 minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for-and fast!
A Typical BAR PUMP Class
You’ll use a step platform, a bar and selection of weights. If you’re new to resistance training, or if you’re out of shape, you should start with light weights. After a few classes you’ll know how much weight is right for you. If you’re unsure, ask Denis.
Get your body moving, using light weights only.
Use heavier weights in squat moves that target the big muscle groups and burn lots of calories.
Lie back on the step to work the chest, shoulder and triceps
Targets the back with lifts and presses
Triceps and Biceps
Isolate and tone the arm muscles in these two tracks
Targets the legs and shapes and tones the butt
Target the entire shoulder area
Builds support and strength in the core
Stretches the muscles to increase flexibility and reduce risk of muscle soreness and injury..
BAR PUMP Tips
Denis is there to make sure you do everything correctly, but try to remember:
- Good posture is the foundation of all exercise-especially weight training.
- Focus on learning the right technique at the beginning
- Work continuously at perfecting your technique
- Don’t overdo the weights-start gradually increasing them after four to six weeks.
- Perform the movements with control-smooth actions, not jerky.
- Always keep your joints slightly bent, don’t lock out.
- Keep focused on the working muscles and stabilise the others.
- Listen to your body-it will tell you if something is not right.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable workout gear, gym shoes, drinks bottle and towel and attitude! We supply everything else.
When will I notice results?
Once you’ve started BAR PUMP, your muscles will quickly adapt to this type of workout and you’ll notice strength gain as your body gets used to lifting weight. As your strength improves, you’ll start to see fat loss and improved muscle tone.
Don’t over do it-if you start to increase the weights too quickly, you could suffer injury. Physical activity isn’t a quick fix- it should become part of your lifestyle.
See the TBC Gym Timetable and come and join in!
- If you liked this article, you may also like these