A filling and nutritious snack using fresh bananas and sultanas from the Heart Foundation. This delicious recipe can also be served for dessert.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
4 sheets wholemeal lavash bread*
200g reduced fat ricotta *
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons sultanas
1 breakfast wheat biscuit, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons caster sugar
4 bananas halved and sliced lengthways
To make this meal even healthier use Heart FoundationTick approved ingredients
*Products available with the Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Lay the lavash out flat on a clean surface.
2. Put the ricotta, sunflower seeds, sultanas and wheat biscuit in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Divide the ricotta mix among the lavash sheets and spread thick strips of the mixture along the centre of each.
4. Combine caster sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of ricotta mixture, then top with banana. Roll up, put in a ridged sandwich press and toast until crisp and heated through.
- If you liked this article, you may also like these